Frequently Asked Questions¶
Where can EnerGyan be used?¶
EnerGyan is a flexible platform that can used by students at various levels. It is also a research platform for R&D in energy systems.
- High school
- Technical colleges
- Undergraduate and graduate programs
- Energy centers and companies for R&D
What can you learn/teach with EnerGyan?¶
- Intro to energy systems
- Smart and micro grids
- IoT and smart homes
- Mobile and cloud computing for energy systems
- Optimization, AI and ML for energy systems
How do students program EnerGyan?¶
What can EnerGyan do?¶
EnerGyan can function as the following. You can think of more ways to use EnerGyan.
- A microgrid
- A smart home
- A solar charging station
- Bunch of EnerGyans can be networked together to form a larger microgrid
- IoT testbed
How can you teach with EnerGyan?¶
EnerGyan can be used in a number of ways
- Semester long course
- 2 week workshop on energy systems
- 3 day hackathons
We’ve done all of these with EnerGyan. Its adaptable to your application.
Who’s the audience for this?¶
Anybody with a passion for energy and basic programming skills.
Is it just software-based education?¶
No! EnerGyan is software and HARDWARE customizable. Here are some things that you can do (limited list)
- You can change the type of source or load.
- You can change battery type or size.
- You can connect different type of sensors (moisture, temperature, light etc.)
- You can connect smart home devices with EnerGyan - Amazon Echo, Google Home, Wemo switches etc.
- You can change the configuration of your energy system. You can turn your EnerGyan smart home to EnerGyan Community Solar charging station by simple re-wiring.
- The list goes on …